Optometry and Optical Services
At Eyepower, we combine comprehensive eye care with the most fashionable eyewear.
At our Tahmoor optometry practice, we offer eye examinations for the whole family. We are also one of the few practices in the region to still edge fit spectacles on site, so you can get the prescription eyewear you need, promptly. A great range of prescription and non prescription sunglasses and frames from internationally acclaimed brands (including Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Oakley and Adidas) are sold at both our practices.
When was the last time you had your eyes examined? Book an appointment with Eyepower today!
Optometry and Optical Services
Our Tahmoor optometrists use state-of-the-art equipment to provide thorough eye checks. We accept HICAPS online health fund claims, and our compassionate staff will make sure you receive practical advice for maintaining good eye health.
Eye Health Assessments
Along with general vision examinations, our optometrists can conduct thorough eye health assessments. We have the latest equipment at our disposal to accurately diagnose the following eye health conditions:
- Macula degeneration
- Diabetes retinopathy
Children's vision testing can also be carried out by our optometrists, but we do not provide behavioural eye health assessments.
At Eyepower, we believe that everyone should enjoy the clearest and most comfortable vision all of the time. We provide comprehensive eye examinations, in which we will accurately assess your visual capabilities and ocular health. After the examination is completed, we can prescribe the appropriate contact lenses or glasses. We will also check for the presence of glaucoma, macula degeneration, low vision and the presence of eye conditions associated with diabetes.
It is important that adults, as well as children, should have their vision checked at least once every two years. Early detection is essential for addressing vision loss.
Book an appointment at Eyepower in Tahmoor today. We will provide you with compassionate advice and support to help you maintain optimal eye health.
Comprehensive Optical Dispensing
Eyepower is one of the very few practices that still provide onsite spectacle edging and fitting services. Our qualified staff are committed to providing you with the best possible lenses for your vision requirements. We are always updating their skills to ensure you receive the best possible optical services.
Using cutting-edge opthalmic equipment, we can rapidly assess the condition of your eyes and prescribe the appropriate lenses. Because we provide edging and fitting on site, we can save you time as well as money.
Brands We Stock
At our Tahmoor eyewear store, we stock frames and sunglasses (prescription and non prescription) from internationally acclaimed brands. These include:
- Tag Heuer
- Fred Lunettes (the luxury eyewear)
- Silhouette (the authentic eyewear)
- Jimmy Choo
- Roberto Cavalli
- Coco Song (unrepeatable masterpieces)
- Porsche Design
- Judith Leiber
- Ermenegildo Zegna
- Caroline Abram
- Betsey Johnson
- Cerruti 1881
- Vinyl Factory (inspired by music)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs
- Just Cavalli
At Eyepower,we are committed to providing each of our customers with the most comfortable and beneficial products tailored for their specific needs. We offer:
- Soft contact lenses (clear and coloured) - These lenses are highly flexible and fit seamlessly onto the eyes. They are often more comfortable than hard contact lenses.
- Hard contact lenses (Rigid Gas Permeable) - The advantage of hard contact lenses is that they last longer than the soft variety, and they can help control nearsightedness.
- We sell the latest German lenses, ranging from standard to high index freeform designs
- In-hours lens glazing services offered at both our practices
Vocational Optical Products
- Our team can provide safety eyewear for specific work environments.
Latest spectacle frame fashions
To accurately diagnose eye conditions rapidly, our Bowral and Tahmoor optometrists use the very latest equipment. These include:
- Fundus Cameras: Takes images of the retina to allow changes to be detected.
- Visual Field Testing Technology: Screening used for the detection of Glaucoma.
- Optical Coherence Tomography techniques (OCT): Used for the evaluation of changes in the fibres of the optic nerve (which might be caused by Glaucoma and macula degeneration).